Monday, October 18, 2010

Source of Wander

Sometimes you just fall in love with a place
Be it buildings, a people or a natural space
It’s hard to describe the source of appeal
It’s less an aesthetic than how it makes you feel

In Tibet there was a cliff above the Puncheon’s palace
In Cambodia, a people, wronged but without malice
Morocco had the desert and the camp therein
Croatia, an island, not without sin

The Thai’s gave me an escape and an awful tattoo
Israel taught me respect, and what was taboo
Egypt had grandeur, like I’d never seen
Each offered something new, these places I’ve been

But sitting in Uganda, overlooking the Nile
Beer in my hand, I can’t help but smile
Is this the way that my die has been cast?
To keep stumbling upon places more impressive than the last?

Written July 2010, on the banks of the Nile in Uganda, loving life and to be back on the road!

No comments: